THE GREAT MIGRATION and
TANZANIA’S NATIONAL PARKS
12 Days | 12 - 24 August 2018
All of our accommodations are carefully selected, not only for their rating of excellence, their amenities and their safe environment, but for their location in regards to the migration and the other wild game. On some of the safaris we are opting for tented camps – some permanent, some mobile – as these offer us the greatest chance of being in the right place at the right time. We reserve the right to change accommodations if, for some reason beyond our control, it becomes necessary or we feel that a particular safari will benefit from that change (e.g. getting closer to the migration).
Voted #2 Resort in Africa and #12 Best Hotel in the World in the Condé Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards, 2015
The Four Seasons is one of the Serengeti’s finest luxury lodges where you’ll find everything your heart desires when it comes to luxury and pampering after a day’s safari. Luxury rooms with four-poster beds, three dining rooms with all-inclusive food and beverage offerings, infinity pool overlooking the water hole, the Serengeti woodland and magnificent sunsets; the Discovery Center where you can learn about African wildlife, culture and history; and the Spa where you can indulge with an array of cures and treatments.
Complimentary WIFI is limited.
Soft drinks, local beer, house wine and well drinks are included in the service.
Wired or wireless Internet access for up to two devices per room
Refrigerated private bar
Multi-line telephone(s) with voicemail
Sofa, dining table and two chairs (dining table in villas only)
In-room safe suitable for a laptop computer
BED & BATH
Hypoallergenic pillows available on request
Twice-daily housekeeping service
Make-up mirror and separate vanity space
Iron and ironing board upon request
Gibbs Farm is one of Tanzania’s hidden treasures. Established as a coffee farm in the 1920’s and refurbished as a rustic inn in recent years, the organic farm produces 80% of the meat, dairy and fresh product you’ll be enjoying during your stay. Handcrafted cabins, spacious gardens, abundant birdlife, gourmet food, and a profusion of outdoor activities augment the warm and friendly atmosphere of this unique retreat.
- The spacious cottages include eucalyptus floors, hand-crafted furniture, two queen-size beds, indoor and outdoor showers, a fireplace and private verandah
- Soft drinks, local beer, house wine and well drinks are included in the service. Call drinks, specified wines and name beers are not. If you’re not sure, ask. If you are sure, pay.
- Complimentary WIFI in the Main Farmhouse and surrounding gardens
- In-room spa treatments available at a surcharge
- Gift Shop
Lake Duluti Lodge is a countryside retreat perfectly incorporating authentic African rural life setting with the amenities and service rivaling the best lodges in Africa. Boasting idyllic scenery, mild climate, stunning architecture and design, Lake Duluti Lodge offers both a retreat in one of Tanzania’s most famous landscapes and a cultural education in a region that is home to a strong cultural heritage. The activities offered, cuisine served and the excellent service delivered at the lodge will make your stay an unforgettable one.
- Each room has a king size double/twin bed, a mosquito net, a mini bar, coffee station, plasma flat screen TV with satellite channels, intercom and international telephone line, internet connection, hair dryer, digital safe, walk through shower, free standing bathtub and a private toilet.
- Swimming pool
- Complimentary WIFI available in Main areas and most cottages
- Private deck overlooking garden area
Lake Masek Luxury Tented Safari Camp boasts 20 luxury tents. Each tent is built on a raised wooden platform with a verandah from which guests can observe the wildlife visiting Lake Masek. The bedroom area is ample and beautifully furnished. The bathroom area has twin washbasins, a standalone bath in which to take a relaxing soak plus an optional outside shower to be enjoyed under the stars. The main house has a lounge with comfortable sofas, a large dining area in addition to a large verandah overlooking the lake where meals are often served.
- Lounge and dining room
- Large verandah overlooking lake.
- Twin Beds/double bed facilities
- En suite facilities with stand alone bath and outside shower
MARAMBOI LUXURY TENTED CAMP
Tarangire Maramboi Tented Camp, close to the the shores of Lake Manyara and located on the migratory corridor of Manyara and Tarangire. A 25,000 hectares concession area set aside for conservation by the local Maasai Community.
The main house offers spectacular views, endless vistas of rolling golden grassland and palm lined desert between Tarangire and Manyara Lake. Located on an elegant elevated wood platform with thatched roofing, encircled by majestic palms trees.
- King beds / mosquito nets
- Private verandah
- En suite with tub and separate shower
- Cable television
- Room service
- International Plugs
- Swimming Pool
- Outside sitting area
Located within the Tarangire National Park, Balloon Camp is beautifully situated close to Boundary Hill, which offers some of the best sunsets in the park. Luxury tents are perched on elevated stilts and features a veranda with views of the mountain and African plains. Each tent comes equipped with a seating area, safe and tea-and-coffee-making facilities. The private bathroom has a shower and complimentary toiletries. The restaurant serves wonderful gourmet cuisine. They also have a very unique pool, which is built on a cliff overlooking the valley below.
- Tarangire Balloon Camp is a boutique property with ten super luxury safari tents.
- The camp is located close to Boundary Hill with spectacular views of Tarangire National Park.
- The tents come with king sized four poster beds and large verandas from which to enjoy Tarangire’s famously spectacular sunsets.
SERENGETI NORTH WILDERNESS CAMP
Comprising just ten spacious tents, Serengeti North Wilderness Camp provides comfortable beds and quality linen, with en suite eco-friendly toilet and bush-shower off an intimate dressing room area. The tents each have a shady verandah, where guests may relax and read quietly or perhaps watch birds and animals.
A large, airy, central dining tent offers a comfortable lounge area with a small reference library and maps, and a recharging facility for cameras and videos. The safari chef will prepare sumptuous meals for your enjoyment and special dietary requests are taken care of. Plan to enjoy typical safari campfire in the evenings to enjoy sundowners and snacks, and relive the day’s experiences.
- seasonal camp, located in the Northern Serengeti, close to the Mara River
- ten large en suite tents with comfortable beds and quality linens
- bush shower and eco-friendly flushing toilets
- large central dining and lounge area under canvas with well-stocked bar
- maps and reference books, and a selection of board-games
- solar lighting and recharging facilities available
- children and families welcome, children 6 years plus
- larger groups catered for by prior arrangement
- game drives, walking safaris, bird-watching and balloon flights
- fly-in safaris available
- corporate groups and think tanks catered for
- King / twin beds configuration
- No internet access
Kubu Kubu Tented Camp, is an exciting new addition to Tanganyika Wilderness Camps’ collection of luxury safari accommodation, and will be opening in June 2016. It has a modern African appearance, creating a fresh, sleek, yet comfortable ambiance. Situated in the stunning central part of the Serengeti, the camp is strategically positioned in one of the main migration areas so that guests can enjoy this awesome natural wonder from the comfort of their tents.
There are 25 spacious en-suite tents which offer absolute comfort, exclusivity and a genuine African bush experience. In the central restaurant guests can enjoy exceptional food and wines, and the cozy lounge area has been creatively designed to give an atmosphere of intimacy and exclusivity. There is also a swimming pool in which to relax after a long game drive. Internet access is available in the camp with Wifi in the central area.